Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Eftersökt / Wanted!

En vecka sedan jag skrev sist... det var inte meningen!
På pianolektionen i torsdags berättade min pianolärare två saker för mig. Det första var att den ansvariga för den årliga "kulturnatten" hade frågat efter mig. Jag har nämligen varit med två gånger tidigare, och han ville antagligen veta om jag ville ställa upp igen. Tyvärr krockade det i år med att jag skulle sjunga Mozarts Requiem med oratoriekören, så därför hade jag inte anmält mig. Dessutom kände jag mig för gammal förra året eftersom det då bara var ungdomar förutom jag som var med.
Den andra saken var att min pianolärare funderar på att samla ihop ett gäng och gå ut och spela på ålderdomshem etc. Det sade jag ja till. Hoppas det kan bli verklighet!
Den här helgen var det dags för oratoriekörens konserter med Mozarts Requiem. Normalt lyssnar jag inte mycket på Mozart, men Requiem är något av det mest fantastiska han skrivit (och som hans elev Süssmayr fullbordade) och det slår mig vilket geni han faktiskt var! Och konserterna gick bra, vi fick mycket lovord!
I övrigt förbereder jag mig nu för att spela på Tellus i Midsommarkransen, Stockholm, på söndag. Jag kan också rapportera att nu känns det bra att spela gitarr, det gör inte ont längre. Skönt!

One week since last I wrote... that was not my intention!
At the piano lesson this past Thursday, my piano teacher told me two things. The first thing was that the person responsible for the annual "culture night" had asked for me. I've participated twice before, and he probably wanted to know if I wanted to participate again. Sadly it collided this year with that I was to sing Mozart's Requiem with the oratorio choir, that's why I hadn't signed up. Moreover, I felt too old last year since it then was only young people besides me that entered.
The other thing was that my piano teacher is considering putting together a group and go out and play on homes for the elderly, etc. I said yes to that. Hope it can come true!
This past weekend, it was time for the oratorio choir's conserts with Mozart's Requiem. Normally I don't listen much to Mozart, but Requiem is among the most fantastic works he's written (and his student Süssmayr finished) and it strikes me what a genius he actually was! And the concerts went well, we got much praise!
Other than that, I'm preparing to play at Tellus in Midsommarkransen, Stockholm on Sunday. I can also report that it feels good to play the guitar now, I'm not in pain anymore. Great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home