Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I måndags var jag på min första gitarrlektion. Tyvärr var jag trött efter jobbet så jag hängde inte med i det snabba tempo läraren visade olika ackord. Hoppas det blir lugnare nästa gång. När jag sedan satte mig hemma med gitarren, gick det dock upp ljus för mig och jag kändet hoppet om att jag skall kunna lära mig också det här instrumentet ordentligt komma!
I går sjöng jag de två låtar till demon som en bekant här gjort bakgrunder till åt mig för min pianolärare. Fick en del bra hjälp av henne så skall försöka att verkligen öva till nästa torsdag när vi ses igen. Sedan hoppas jag känna mig mogen att spela in.
Nu är också kompet till den låt jag skall bidra med på Kreta-kursens samlings-CD (och som jag också kommer att ta med på min egen demo) klart. Härligt! Jag har mailat studion här för att höra om jag kan boka tid där.
Tyvärr var det lilla keyboard jag köpte bara skräp. Jag borde ha förstått det, till det priset! Det lät totalt ostämt trots nya batterier, så jag skall skicka tillbaka det. Hoppas i stället lära mig spela gitarr så bra att jag kan ta med mig den till Lendas nästa sommar.
Jag har hoppat av distanskursen Soundtrackets hemligheter, för jag kände att jag har för mycket om mig just nu.
Nu måste jag nog försöka sova. I morgon blir en jättelång dag, för jag skall stanna kvar i grannstaden efter jobbet eftersom vi i kyrkokören skall gå och se "Cosí fan tutte". Kommer inte hem förrän sent i morgon kväll...

This past Monday I was to my first guitar lesson. Unfortunately I was tired after work so I didn't follow in the fast tempo the teacher showed different chords. Hope it will be calmer next time. However, when I later sat down at home with the guitar, things dawned on me and I felt the hope that I'll be able to learn also this instrument properly come!
Yesterday I sang the two songs for the demo that a friend here has made the backgrounds to for me to my piano teacher. Got some good help from her so I'll try to really practise until next Thursday when we'll meet again. Then I hope to feel mature to record.
Also, now the accompaniment to the song I'm contributing to the Crete course collection CD (and which I also will include on my own demo) finished. Wonderful! I've e-mailed the studio here to check if I can book time there.
Unfortunately, the small keyboard I bought was just rubbish. I should have understood that, for that price! It sounded totally out of tune despite new batteries, so I'm returning it. Hope instead to learn the guitar so well that I can take it to Lendas next summer.
I've quit the course The secrets of the soundtrack, because I feel I have too much around me now.
Now I think I'll have to sleep. Tomorrow will be a very long day, because I'm staying in the neighbour town after work since we in the church choir are going to see "Cosí fan tutte". I won't be home until late tomorrow night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home