Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Vilken föreställning! och ingen föreställning / What a show! and no show

Normalt gillar jag inte opera särskilt mycket, annat än enstaka sångare / sångerskor och arior. Men "Così fan tutte" (vilket betyder "Så gör alla"), operaföreställningen jag gick på i torsdags, var helt fantastisk! Mycket duktiga sångare som kunde agera också, oerhörd scenografi och utmärkt orkester. Jag satt längst fram och sveptes med i föreställningen. Det var en komisk opera, så den lockade till många skratt. Det enda jag saknade var melodier som satte sig i huvudet. Mycket av musiken var recitativ (mer som tonsatt tal). Men det beror ju på Mozart som skrev operan.
I går läste jag i tidningen att det café jag hoppats få spela på har slagit igen. Tråkigt! Hoppas att det, eller något liknande, kan öppna snart igen. Jag funderar på att när min demo är klar sätta upp en lapp i musikaffären i grannstaden där jag jobbar. Där säger jag att jag gärna vill dels samarbeta med en gitarrist, eftersom jag inte kommit så långt själv med gitarren än och vissa låtar blir bättre med gitarr än med piano, dels ha spelningar.
När det gäller min demo, har jag precis talat med min vän som gör bakgrunderna till två av låtarna. Han undrade om jag ville spela in i morgon, men då är jag fullt uppbokad med körsång. Och i dag känner jag mig inte helt redo, och behöver vila. Nästa söndag hade jag kunnat, men då kan inte han. Vardagkvällarna är också svåra. Vi är upptagna människor båda två! Därför riktar vi nu in oss på någon vardagkväll den vecka som börjar den 30 oktober, eftersom min körövning är inställd den veckan. Jag tror inte heller det blir någon stråkorkesterövning, gitarr- eller pianolektioner då, för skolorna har höstlov och då brukar också sådana aktiviteter vara inställda även för vuxna. Än har jag inte hört tillbaka från studion där jag vill boka in mig för att spela in den tredje låten, som också skall vara med på Kretakursens samlings-CD, men jag skall försöka ringa på måndag. Om vi inte lyckas hitta en tid som passar, skall jag kolla om det finns någon annan i sta'n eller i grannstaden med hemstudio som kan hjälpa mig, annars kan jag kanske höra med den på Kretakursen som skall sammanställa CDn om jag kan komma ned till Göteborg under Allhelgonahelgen och göra mina pålägg i hans studio. Den låten måste vara inspelad och finnas hos honom senast den 15 november... Jag återkommer om det. Men en sak är säker - det är guld värt att ha vänner som kan hjälpa en!

Normally I don't like opera very much, other than some singers and arias. But "Così fan tutte" (which means "So does everyone"), the opera production I went to see this past Thursday, was absolutely fantastic! Very good singers who also could act, amazing scenography and excellent orchestra. I sat on first row and was swept into the show. It was a comic opera, so it brought forth many laughs. The only thing I lacked was melodies that stuck in my head. Much of the mucis was recitative (more like speech put to music). But that's because of Mozart who wrote the opera.
Yesterday I read in the newspaper that the café I had hoped to perform on has shut down. Sad! Hope that it, or something similar, can open soon again. I'm considering, when my demo is done, putting up a note in the music store in the neighbouring town where I work. There I'll say that I love to both cooperate with a guitarist, since I haven't reached that far myself with the guitar yet, and some songs are better with the guitar than with the piano, and get gigs.
When it comes to my demo, I've just spoken to my friend who's doing the backgrounds to two of the songs. He was wondering if I wanted to record tomorrow, but then I'm fully booked with choir singing. And today I don't feel totally ready, and need to rest. Next Sunday I had been able to, but then he's unavailable. Weekday evenings are also difficult. We're both busy people! Therefore, we're now aiming at some weekday evening in the week beginning with October 30th, since my choir rehearsal is cancelled that week. I don't believe there'll be any string orchestra rehearsal, guitar- or piano lessons then, because the schools have their autumn break and then also such activities are usually cancelled also for grown-ups. I haven't heard back from the studio where I want to book myself in to record the third song, that will also be in the Crete course collection CD, but I'll try to call on Monday. If we don't succeed in finding a suitable time, I'll check if there's someone else in town or in my neighbouring town with a home studio who can help me, otherwise I might be able to check with the one from the Crete course who'll compile the CDn if I can come down to Gothenburg during the All Saints' weekend and do my additions in his studio. That song has to be recorded and be with him by November 15... But one thing is certain. It's worth gold to have friends to help you!

A TRUE FRIEND

Like a flowing river
without an end
is the precious treasure
called a true friend
Nothing should stop it
or change its path
because the bond of hearts
is ruled by a higher power
The river of friendship
takes you to a higher ground
it doesn't need a bridge
because it's a bridge in itself

Like a note that echoes
and can be heard a long time
is the shining gemstone
called a true friend
When a note is set free
and sounds in the air
it can bring friends together
when allowed to do its work
and touch and caress hearts

Like the sun that shines
and warms the earth
is the gift of friendship
It's worth more than you know
It makes souls warm

(c) Marianne M. 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home