Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kulturell dag som gav tankar / A cultural day which gave reflections

I dag besökte jag Svindersvik med ett gäng vänner. Det ligger i Nacka söder om Stockholm city. Det är inte ett slott, utan snarare ett sommarresidens, från 1700-talet. Om ni klickar på ordet Svindersvik kommer ni till en sida med mer information och bilder (tyvärr får besökare inte fotografera inomhus där). När vi var i paviljongen ni ser på sidan fick vi höra "Bellman" sjunga ett antal av Fredmans epistlar, och jag kunde se och höra framför mig hur det måste ha sett ut och låtit på den tiden. Därinne fanns också ett instrument som drog till sig min uppmärksamhet - ett originalhammarklaver (se bilden näst längst ned på sidan om Svindersvik). Det har ett svagare ljud än dagens pianon, och jag tänkte att det måste vara signifikant för utvecklingen inom musiken - mot starkare och starkare ljudande instrument. Varifrån kommer då behovet av starkare ljud? frågar jag mig. Kommentera gärna!
Annars blir jag fortfarande glad för röster på mina låtar på CDON.com Demo. Här kommer en enklare väg dit: Gå till http://www.cdon.com/demo, och i sökboxen under "rösta" längst till höger skriv Marianne M (utan punkt efter M). På sidan ni får då kan ni klicka på min bild och då komma till stället där ni kan lyssna & rösta. Tack så mycket!
Vill gärna avsluta det här inlägget med en naturbild jag tog på Svindersvik. Se och njut av dessa fridfullt simmande änder... (taget med digital kompaktkamera)

Today I visited Svindersvik (you can get that page in English by clicking "English" on top of the page) with a gang of friends. It's situated in Nacka south of Stockholm city. It's not a castle, but rather a summer residence, from the 18th century. If you click the word Svindersvik you'll come to a page with more information and pictures (sadly visitors aren't allowed to photograph indoors there). When we were in the pavillion you see on the page, we got to hear "Bellman" (click the name "Bellman" if not familiar with this Swedish national poet) sing a couple of the songs of Fredman, and I could see and hear in front of me how it must have looked and sounded in that era. In there was also an instrument which drew my attention - an original fortepiano (see the next to bottom picture on the page about Svindersvik). It has a weaker sound than the pianos of today, and I thought that this must be significant for the development in music - towards stronger and stronger sounding instruments. Where then does the need for stronger sound come from? I ask. Comments are welcome!
Other than that, I still appreciate votes for my songs at CDON.com Demo. Here's an easier way there: Go to http://www.cdon.com/demo, and in the search box under "rösta" ("vote") farthest out to the right write Marianne M (without a dot after the M). On the page you then get, you can click my picture and then come to the place where you can listen & vote. Thank you so much!
I'd like to finish this post with a nature photo I took at Svindersvik. Look at and enjoy these peacefully swimming ducks... (taken with a digital compact camera)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home