Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Friday, January 18, 2008

Demo & Viola

Hektiska dagar här just nu - hoppas det snart blir lugnare!
Nu kan jag berätta att jag äntligen börjat få fart på förberedelserna för demo-CDn! Det tog ett tag innan jag kom överens med den lilla inspelningsapparat som jag tänkte använda för att spela in pianokompet, men nu är vi vänner och en pianobakgrund är nu klar. Men innan jag fortsätter är det bäst att jag skaffar ett större minneskort till inspelningsapparaten - det jag har nu blir fullt efter en låt... Måste också kolla med studion så att det jag spelar in här fungerar där.
Den här veckan har jag också fått några nya textidéer som jag skrivit ned. Hoppas kunna utveckla dem senare. Nu är det demon som gäller.
Hade haft problem med min viola ett tag, så i dag besökte jag en violinateljé. Mannen jag pratade med där, och jag märkte direkt att han var kunnig, sade att det var flera saker som skulle behöva fixas på den. (Jag köpte den billigt av en privatperson.) Jag planerar ju att spela viola på min nya demo, och jag har väl egentligen aldrig varit 100% nöjd med ljudet på den jag har. När mannen i violinateljén berättade att det inte behövde kosta en förmögenhet att köpa en bättre viola i en storlek som passar mig, funderade jag ett tag, och sedan bestämde jag mig. Jag beställde en ny viola! Om mindre än två veckor får jag hem min nya "baby"...

Hectic days here right now - hope it will get calmer soon!
Now I can tell you that I've finally begun to get some speed to the preparations for the demo CD! It took a while before I got along with the little recorder that I thought I'd use to record the piano accompaniment, but now we're friends and one piano background is now finished. But before I go on, I'd better get a bigger memory card to the recorder - the one I have now gets full after one song... I'll also have to check with the studio so that what I record here works there.
This week I've also got some new lyric ideas that I've written down. Hope to be able to develop them later. Now it's the demo that matters.
I had had problems with my viola for a while, so today I visited a violin atelier. The man I spoke to there, and I noticed right away that he was knowledgeable, said that there were several things that would need to be fixed on it. (I bought it cheap from a private person.) I plan to play the viola on my new demo, and I've never really been 100% satisfied with the sound of the one I have. When the man in the violin atelier told me that it wouldn't have to cost a fortune to buy a better viola in a size that suits me, I thought for a while, and then I decided. I ordered a new viola! In less than two weeks I get to take my new "baby" home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home