Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Uppdatering, äntligen / Update, finally

Nu har ni fått vänta ett tag på uppdatering från mig... Jag har haft det ganska hektiskt på sistone... varit bortrest en del och nu ser det sannolikt ut som om jag får ett förstahandskontrakt på en lägenhet och flyttar i november / december!
Förra helgen var jag i min gamla hemstad och spelade konsert med min "gamla" stråkorkester. Det var kul att spela med dem igen! Vi spelade ett program med barock och folkmusik, genrer som jag tycker mycket om. Jag tror orsaken till att jag gillar sådan musik så mycket är att den känns äkta och inte "smörig".
Så började min låtskrivarkurs i torsdags. Jag tror jag kommer att fortsätta på den, mest för att få "pushen" att skriva regelbundet. Får nog ge den ett par gånger till i alla fall, främst för att vi hade vikarie i torsdags och jag inte träffat den ordinarie läraren än. Men hittills har jag inte träffat någon som lärt mig mer om låtskrivande än mina Kretakursledare!
Har gjort klart en låt som var min uppgift till nästa torsdag, och har fyra låtar till som är halvfärdiga. Jag märker dock att de låtar som jag blir mest nöjd med, är de som jag inte skriver "på beställning" utan som kommer helt från mig själv... Vore intressant att höra från andra låtskrivare om detta!

Now you've had to wait for a while for an update from me... I've had quite a hectic time lately... been away some and now it most likely looks like I'm getting a first-hand contract on an apartment and will move in November / December!
Last weekend I was in my old home town and played a concert with my "old" string orchestra. It was fun to play with them again! We played a program of baroque and folk music, genres that I like a lot. I think the reason why I like such music that much is that it feels genuine and not "flattering".
Then my songwriting course started this past Thursday. I think I'll continue on it, mostly to get the "push" to write regularly. I'll have to give it a couple of times more anyway, mostly because we had a substitute this past Thursday and I haven't met the ordinary teacher yet. But so far I haven't met anyone who has taught me more about songwriting than my Crete course leaders!
I've finished a song that was my assignment for next Thursday, and have four more songs which are half finished. However I notice that the songs I'm most happy with, are those I'm not writing "on command" but which come totally from me... Would be interesting to hear from other songwriters about this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home