Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Varför är jag singer-songwriter? / Why am I a singer-songwriter?

Förberedelserna fortsätter för återföreningskonserten på söndag och konserten med min "gamla" stråkorkester den 15 september. I dag var jag också och lyssnade på en singer-songwriterkonsert med bl.a. en av Kretakursledarna och en av Kretakursdeltagarna, i en otroligt mysig källarlokal. Träffade också ytterligare ett par ur Kreta-gänget som kommit för att lyssna. Kul!
Jag fick frågan häromdagen varför jag vill sjunga. Det var nyttigt för mig att bli påmind om varför sången är så viktig för mig! Det var sången och musiken som tog mig igenom jobbiga tider i skolan. Jag vill också gärna förmedla mina tankar, känslor och erfarenheter till andra.
Vilket leder mig in på varför jag skriver låtar och vill vara en singer-songwriter - jag som har en strikt klassisk bakgrund. Det är mycket av samma skäl, men på senare år har flera orsaker dykt upp. Det finns något äkta och okonstlat i den här musiken och de allra flesta som framför den. Framför allt har Kreta-gänget fått mig att känna mig hemma och accepterad. Jag har upptäckt att konceptet med helt akustisk musik och små, intima lokaler känns rätt för mig, som dels tycker att musik inte behöver vara full volym och hastighet hela tiden utan skall vara njutbar, dels är hörselskadad och ljudöverkänslig. Vad jag också gillar, och många antagligen inte tror om singer-songwritergenren, är att här finns utrymme för ett antal olika stilar. I Kretagruppen i alla fall är ingens stil lik någon annans i gruppen, och det gällde också konserten i kväll. Själv experimenterar jag en del fortfarande...

The preparations continue for the reunion concert on Sunday and the concert with my "old" string orchestra on September 15. Today I also went to listen to a singer-songwriter concert with among others one of the Crete course leaders and one of the Crete course participants, in an incredibly cosy basement room. I also met yet a couple from the Crete gang who had come to listen. Fun!
I was asked the other day why I want to sing. It was good for me to be reminded about why singing is so important to me! It was singing and music that took me through hard times at school. I also want to convey my thoughts, feelings and experiences to others.
Which leads me to why I write songs and want to be a singer-songwriter - I who have a strictly classical background. It's much for the same reasons, but the past few years more reasons have shown up. There's something genuine and un-artificial in this music and in most people who perform it. Above all, the Crete gang has made me feel at home and accepted. I've discovered that the concept of fully acoustic music and small, intimate facilities feels right for me, who think that music doesn't need to be full volume and speed all the time but should be pleasant, and am hearing impaired and sound sensitive. What I also like, and many probably don't believe about the singer-songwriter genre, is that here there's room for a number of different styles. In the Crete group anyway, no one's style is similar to that of someone else in the group, and that also applied to the concert tonight. I myself am experimenting quite a lot still...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home