Marianne M - "Not a Choir Girl Anymore"

Mitt musikaliska och poetiska liv. My musical and poetic life.

Name:
Location: Sweden

Amatör-singer/songwriter och poet som vill beröra. Här skriver jag om händelser och tankar från min musikaliska, poetiska och fotografiska horisont. Det finns ljudklipp från min demo-CD "The Violin Girl" (släppt i april 2008) på min hemsida och på min MySpace-sida. Om du vill kontakta mig privat, kan du gå till min hemsida (länken finns i listan till vänster) och gå till kontaktsidan där. Annars får du jättegärna lämna en kommentar till något av mina inlägg. // Amateur singer/songwriter and poet who wants to touch people. Here I write about what happens and reflections from my musical, poetic and photographic horizon. There are audio clips from my demo CD "The Violin Girl" (released in April, 2008) at my website and at my MySpace page. If you want to contact me privately, you can go to my website (the link is in the list to the left) and go to my contact page there. Otherwise you're more than welcome to leave a comment to one of my posts. // "How magical that you are a tiny individual with such a pretty voice!" - Frances Irene Tolfa, http://francesirene.tripod.com

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Inspelningsarbetet går framåt / The recording work progresses

I dag ringde den i duon jag samarbetar med som arrangerar bakgrunderna på två av låtarna på min nya demo. Han har nu något klart som jag kan lyssna på. Spännande!! Skall träffa honom på lördag, lyssna och diskutera.
Var på körövning i kväll men det kändes inte helt bra. Jag kände mig blockerad och rädd för att sjunga, rädd för att göra fel, även om jag varit med i många år.
Dock satte jag mig vid pianot senare på kvällen och spelade igenom de sånger jag tänker framföra den 18 september. (Jag kan ta ut en semesterdag den dagen - underbart!) Och det gick bättre än vad jag trodde. Skall läsa på texterna på ett par av dem bara.
Distanskursen "Kreativt skrivande och tänkande" har precis börjat och den är jättekul! I vår första uppgift skrev en deltagare om en man som tänker låta orden flyga fritt och bli en stor mästare. Det fick mig att tänka på texten till en av sångerna jag skall sjunga den 18:e...

Orden i vinden

Tänk att låta orden bara flyga iväg
Flyga, få vingar, och luft som bär
Orden flyger dit vinden tar dem
Låt oss fånga orden just som de är

Ta dig tid att lyssna på vinden
På de ord som den säger till dig

Leva och tala i nuets tid
Slut på letande, slut på strid
Orden i vinden finns alltid där
Lyssna på vinden, lyssna och lär

Ta dig tid att lyssna på vinden
På de ord som den säger till dig

Om vi kunde göra det varje dag
finge vi en ljusare morgondag
Låt oss därför fånga vindens ord
det är de som behövs på vår jord

Ta dig tid att lyssna på vinden
På de ord som den säger till dig

Ta dig tid att lyssna på vinden
På de ord som den säger till dig

------------

Today the one in the duo I'm cooperating with who's arranging the backgrounds on two of the songs on my new demo. He now has something ready for me to listen to. Exciting!! I'm to meet him on Saturday, listen and discuss.
Was on a choir rehearsal this evening but it didn't feel all good. I felt blocked and scared of singing, scared of doing wrong, even though I've been in the choir for many years.
However, I sat down by the piano later in the evening and played through the songs that I plan to perform on September 18. (I can take a day of vacation that day - wonderful!) And that went better than I thought it would. I'll just study the lyrics on a couple of them.
The distance course "Creative writing and thinking" has just started and it's great fun! In our first assignment, a participant wrote about a man who's going to let the words fly freely and become a great master. That made me think of the lyrics for one of the songs I'm going to sing on the 18th...

The words in the wind

Imagine letting the words just fly away
Fly, get wings and air that carries
The words fly where the wind takes them
Let’s catch the words just as they are

Take the time to listen to the wind
To the words that it says to you

Live and speak in the time of now
End of searching, end of fighting
The words in the wind are always there
Listen to the wind, listen and learn

Take the time to listen to the wind
To the words that it says to you

If we could do that every day
then we’d get a brighter tomorrow
Let’s therefore catch the words of the wind
they are the ones that are needed on our Earth

Take the time to listen to the wind
To the words that it says to you

Take your time to listen to the wind
To the words that it says to you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home